DLRs queueing in Kannel after being injected in http smsc

by Iva Korlevic
March 30, 2016

Hi,
we are currently working on a kannel system that is using two kannel instances with two sqlbox instances and an php http router in the middle.

client –> opensmppbox –> sqlbox1 –> bearerbox1 –> http-router –> smsbox2 –> sqlbox2 –> bearerbox2 –> smsc

We’ve done everything according to the book. Made several adjustments along the way to fasten things up. And all was working nicely until our client got a higher traffic from his smpp client and our supplier failed to deliver some dlrs. He later delivered them via cms file but they never went through our kannel system. All of a sudden the traffic got slow, and dlrs started queuing up. Since we did a whole system revamp at that time we though that it was due to configuration. So we tried several things in order to get it fixed. At the end i found this post:
https://www.mail-archive.com/users@kannel.org/msg30978.html

It turned out to be a problem in dlr tables. I didn’t set the indexes in dlr tables since they were created by the kannel and opensmppbox. Well, the second i set the indexes on dlr tables, traffic started flowing again.

So tip of the day:

HAVE YOUR TABLES INDEXED. DLR TABLES SHOULD HAVE TS AND URL FIELDS SET AS INDEXES.

I hope this helps someone.

Comments

0 thoughts on “DLRs queueing in Kannel after being injected in http smsc”

Tell us your opinion:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *